Glen Weisbrod is the President of Economic Development Research Group. For the last 32 years, he has worked around the world on the relationship of economic development to transportation, energy and technology development. This includes activities spanning Japan, Scotland, Australia, Italy, India, South Africa, Canada and the Netherlands, as well as around the US. Mr. Weisbrod has served Chair of the National Academies' TRB Committee on Transportation and Economic Development, and he previously served on the Board of Directors of the Council for Urban Economic Development. Mr. Weisbrod was also formerly Sr. Vice President of Cambridge Systematics, Inc. and Director of the Boston office of HBRS and Hagler Bailly Consulting. The author of over 30 published articles, he holds a MS in Engineering and MCP in Planning from M.I.T., and BA in Economics from Brandeis University.
His experience includes the following:
- Economic Development Impacts of Transport Projects & Programs -- program and project impact studies for highways, airports, seaports, high speed intercity rail and urban public transport -- for National Agencies: US Federal Highway Administration, American Public Transit Association, Scottish Office (UK), Finland Ministry of Highways, Netherlands Ministry of Transport; States of Louisiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, California and Indiana; regional agencies in Philadelphia, New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, San Antonio (TX), Norwalk (CT), Osaka (Japan).
- Economic Development Impacts of Environmental Regulations & Programs -- studies evaluating impacts of Clean Air Act Amendments on the economy of Chicago region and Eastern Massachusetts
- Economic Development Impacts of Energy Programs -- study evaluating impacts of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Impacts on the economy (for Iowa), Energy Conservation and Energy Market Transformation Programs (California, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, New York),
- Evaluation of Economic Development Programs -- evaluations of Appalachian Regional Programs, HUD housing programs, SBA small business policies, economic development investment programs, state enterprise zone programs, downtown revitalization programs, low income housing programs, utility economic & community development programs, state business tax policies.
- Economic Development Impact of Other Public Policies and Investments -- Gulf of Maine fishing boundary policies, convention center in Maine, casino in Connecticut, shopping centers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, mixed use development in Virginia, industrial development in Massachusetts, national parks across US.
- Economic Development Strategy -- including NYS North Country Economic Development Plan, NYS Back Office Business Attraction Program, Miami Industry Development Plan, Mentor, Ohio Economic Development Plan, Cleveland Citywide Commercial Revitalization Plan, Economic Development Strategies for Merrimack Valley, MetroWest and Tri-Center Regions (Mass.).
- Industry Market Studies -- assessment of business growth opportunities, covering telecommunications, plastics, medical instruments & electronics industries, and globalization of technology, as well as market feasibility for retail, office, residential, and mixed use developments.
Phone: 617 338 6775 x202