Economic Development Research Group (EDR Group) is internationally recognized for our pioneering work on economic impact analysis for public and private investments and programs. This includes work for government agencies, private companies and non-profit institutions. It spans a range of applications:
- Museums, performing arts and other cultural venues
- Colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Casinos, convention facilities and tourism visitor attractions
- Biotech, health care, computer, back office and other industries
- Military bases, airports and other public or quasi-public facilities
- Commercial, industrial, residential and mixed use development projects
- Transportation, energy & environmental projects, programs and policies.
This work spans both measurement of past impacts, and assessment of expected future impacts. A hallmark of our work has been the distinction made between (a) economic impacts on local and regional economies, and (b) benefit/cost analysis, which takes into account broader non-money benefits.
Our work is used for program evaluation, investment decision-making, environmental impact studies and public information campaigns. Our consulting clients include local and state government agencies, non-profit organizations, industry organizations, regional chamber of commerce organizations, and private businesses.
For more information on our consulting clients, projects and work products, please click to see see our Project Archive for Economic Impact Projects.
For more information on Economic Development Research Group, Inc.'s Federal Government Contracting through the General Services Administrations (GSA), Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) for Mission-Oriented Busniess integrated Services (MOBIS), please click here.
Read about EDR Group's experience applying the following tools: