EDR Group analyzes the economic opportunities, impacts and benefits associated with public transit systems, services, policies and investments – including bus, BRT, streetcar, commuter rail, light rail and heavy rail transit. The firm works for national, state/provincial and local agencies, as well as local transit operators across the US and Canada, and abroad. EDR Group’s transit economics and planning services include:
- Documenting the economic market, role and contribution of transit to local communities,
- Evaluating land and economic development impacts of past transit projects,
- Predicting land and economic development implications of proposed new transit projects,
- Evaluating business needs and opportunities for enhancing transit services and facilities,
- Evaluating land development and value capture finance opportunities associated with transit,
- Measuring public cost and tax revenues associated with changes in transit service, and
- Calculating benefit/cost and economic impact analysis for proposed transit investments.
EDR Group has developed widely acclaimed transit analysis guides and evaluation reports for the American Public Transportation Association, Federal Transit Administration and Transportation Research Board. The firm is also a research leader on issues of: intermodal connectivity, smart growth and cluster development, and environment and green technologies.